The first school crest was a white owl on a brown background. Later the crossed keys were added. The present crest was established by Canon Harvey when All Hallows Chapel was consecrated in 1926. The monks, who founded Southwell Minster in England, dug three wells, North, South and West. The bottom circle on the crest represents the south well which was supposed to be holy and work miracles, over which Southwell Minster was built. The crossed keys are those of St Peter, the saint who stands at Heaven’s Gate. The black background represents the saints below, and the silver shield represents the saints above.
The Latin Motto – Per Aspera Ad Astrum – means Through Adversity to the Stars.